Pages

Friday, September 11, 2015

Scrapbook Retreat Swag

My friends and I out retreating for the weekend...a lovely mountain retreat with great food and outdoor time, great friends and, of course, paper crafting!!!

For this retreat, I really wanted do some great swag bags...

Every retreat I've ever been to has swag or gift bags for the guests. I think a lot of retreat hosts are trying to provide a LOT of swag instead of trying to provide QUALITY swag. I also think sponsors sometimes go to the stock they can't sell as give away items so retreaters get leftover product that nobody else wanted...generous, but not necessarily desirable.

So, for this retreat, I was looking for new things that were fun, useful and also top notch. I happen to have been able to get everything reasonably priced in my own way...this is how it all played out:




First, the bags are Rume Classic totes in the large size...If you've never seen these before, they are amazing. They hold up to 50 pounds, are washable, and they fold up into a little tiny roll so you can throw it in any bag as a spare for coming back - essential for retreat shopping!!! 

The bags are in different colors, according to their recipient.

Each bag has a 12 x 12 paper pad included. The paper pads are also chosen based upon the recipient.


There is a color-coordinating drink cup included in each bag. These are Aladdin Aqua To-Go.

I found an amazing company called Ex Libris Anonymous that hand makes journals from vintage books. Each recipient got a journal with a cover that associated to one of their hobbies or interests. Every journal I got was beautiful! There are tons of choices and the customer service is excellent!

I also included a craft book...for this bag, it happens to be the Dylusions Distinctly Dylusional by Dyan Reaveley.


There is an EOS lip balm and an EOS hand lotion. Each bag has scents that are specific for the bag recipient. I got these at Target on one of my regular Target runs!

I also got the sample size Wet Ones at Target from the sample rack.

There is a StazOn ink pad and fine line black pen.

Kind of hidden in the background there are three custom card kits I made as make-n-takes.


Finally, there are two Heidi Swapp Color Shine sets. Both of these happen to have come from Micheals...But when I went to look them up on Heidi Swapp's site, I found a whole bunch of them!  I see Color Shine sets in my future!

What you don't see here are the "treats." I included some nuts and a Kind bar for each bag as well.

There you have it...my kind of scrapbook retreat swag bag. 

I'll post some more on our games...so stay tuned!!!

Peace, ya'll!

No comments: