Friday, March 13, 2015

Card Friday


Today, I'm bringing you a scrap-busting card that I created all on my own. GASP!!! WHAT??? CARDS on my own? You betcha!

Anyway, its Friday the 13th and seems like a ripe time for a good thank you card.

For this card, you will need:

4.25 x 5.5 card base
matching envelope
white cardstock
coordinating scraps
Square punch
1" circle punch
Sentiment stamp
ink
embossing powder

I happened to use several scraps from Simple Stories Sea to Shining Sea, some old paper from the Heidi Swapp No Limits collection, and a Thanks stamp from a collection of sentiment stamps. 


First, punch six squares from coordinating papers. I chose a strong image for the top left corner and a star for the top right corner of each card. 


Next, stamp your sentiment on plain white cardstock and heat emboss with your chosen embossing powder. Trim the sentiment to desired size.


Adhere the six coordinating squares to the card base with even margins all around. Mount the sentiment with dimensional adhesive in the center.


As a final step, I punched a coordinating image using the one inch circle punch and added it to the front of each envelope. 

Voila!  Cute thank you cards, easy peasy!

Peace, ya'll!

No comments: