Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Swim (Sort of)

I've had these pictures of Jayden learning to swim for far to long...and for some reason, when I had them printed, I did a TON of them...(really! These 8 shots only scratch the surface of what I have printed!) 

I have no idea what I was thinking when I ordered the prints, but...to make good use of them, I isolated the shots of him clinging to the side of the pool for one layout.

The sketch I started with was simple 3 x 3 photo grid, but my photos didn't have that much interest outside of his sweet little face, so I cropped away at them until I got to the meat of the photos...

Then I set the collage on a "shelf."



Aqua and red is one of my favorite color combinations, but I need a little punch of yellow to liven this up a bit.  Some older embellies from my stash had just the right punch of sunny color.



Little side note...I love that washi tape, but it lost its punch when I put it directly on the aqua paper...So I put it on white cardstock and then attached it to the layout to keep the color looking vibrant. 


Now, I just have to figure out what I"m going to do with the other 30 photos of this day!!  HAHA!

Peace, ya'll!



No comments: