Friday, September 12, 2014

Card Friday

Today I've got three more yummy cards from an Embellish Kits card kit...once again, full of the beautiful colors of autumn.


Once again, this kit taught me some great things about layers and using things in unexpected ways...for example, the flower on this card is made with heart punches. It is covering a flower on the Autumn veneer that didn't quite match the rest of the card.


I have the amazing Fiskars Well Rounded 3-in-1 Corner Squeeze Punch. Is probably one of the best tools I own...but sometimes I forget to use it!  These two cards with the rounded corners came out so cute!  Again, mixing patterns and layering in unexpected ways is something I love about the Embellish Kits.


One other cool little trick I forget to use is the faux stitching that can be created with pens. 


Now that there are so many pen options, this technique can be done in virtually hundreds of ways and look different every time. A chalk pen would look great too.

Have a wonderful day! Happy creating!

No comments: