Friday, September 05, 2014

Card Friday

Its September...time for some cards that have that feel!  Even if its still very summary where I live, I'm in the mood for autumn. THIS is my favorite season and my most favorite collection of colors and textures...

I got an amazing fall card kit from Embellish Kits...the first two cars are so amazing and rich looking. Layers of color and pattern and texture.


Loving the diagonal on a square card. This is done with paper strips, but this kind of design would be so beautiful with washi or ribbon.


This quilted version is also just fun and beautiful. The thing that makes this card so interesting is the wood veneer piece front and center.


One of the things I love about the cards in these kits is the way that they teach me to layer and to combine patterns in ways that I find unexpected.  Its a great lesson for me to apply to my other work.

Have a beautiful day!!

No comments: