Tuesday, July 01, 2014

EXCITING NEWS

I'm quite excited about my news, but my sweet husband just doesn't get it...lol...he's not a scrapbooker, so he cannot relate.

I've been invited to join Scrapbooking From the Inside Out as a designer for the next six months! WOOHOO!!!!

This group of people is very very special to me for one really awesome reason - they encourage me to dig deep into my own heart and mind and include the journey I take as a person in my scrapbooks and journals.

I've long been a fan of using words and expressing myself in a way that feels authentic and open. Once upon a time, I wrote songs...and now I can use these wonderful kits and SFTIO's monthly theme to get to the bottom of my thoughts, dreams, meditations and general mental wandering.

The beautiful kits always challenge me creatively to try new things and explore more artistically as well..

AAAAAANNNNNDDDDD.....

This is the kit for July:


Isn't it gorgeous!?!?!?

I love the aqua and gold...with that navy cardstock!  Navy is my new favorite color...I have often overlooked it.

It also has amazing little binoculars, some cameras, that awesome camera stencil and lots of little vellum bits...My favorite part is that vellum sky paper in the top right...its so beautiful! I almost hated to cut into it!!!

The emotion this month is PERSPECTIVE...

World English Dictionary defines PERSPECTIVE this way:

perspective  (pəˈspɛktɪv)

1. a way of regarding situations, facts, etc, and judging their relative importance
2. the proper or accurate point of view or the ability to see it; objectivity: try to get some perspective on your troubles
3. the theory or art of suggesting three dimensions on a two-dimensional surface, in order to recreate the appearance and spatial relationships that objects or a scene in recession present to the eye
4. the appearance of objects, buildings, etc, relative to each other, as determined by their distance from the viewer, or the effects of this distance on their appearance
5. a view over some distance in space or time; vista; prospect
6. a picture showing perspective

I think for me, the most compelling definition is number 5: a view over some distance in space or time...though I tried to explore more than just that one.

I'll be posting some layouts I've done from this kit later on this week...

Until then, consider your own PERSPECTIVE...how does it relate to those around you? Do you think about the perspective of others when in relationships, business transactions, or just random encounters? (I do...I find myself wondering about where people are coming from all the time!). What about perspective in your living spaces? In the work you do?

Have a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!

Peace, ya'll!

No comments: