Saturday, June 21, 2014

Hooray Ears

Back when I got Creating Keepsakes magazine religiously, I cut pictures of all the beautiful layouts out and saved them in a file. Since I work mostly from sketches, when I am searching for sketches for a layout, I break out all those beautiful pictures and sort until I find one that seems to fit.

I've had the sketch for this layout (and its original picture) for so long that I have no inkling of who designed the original layout. I LOVE how this turned out, but it is not in my usual style.

I also love those ears pictures...my kiddos...they love the ears! I think I've got some version of these shots for both kids for every year they have been alive. One of those weird family traditions, I guess. I wonder if they will still wear the ears when they are in high school or have kids of their own?

Once again, its the shelf approach. However, this time, the balance is different and the layers add a twist I don't normally try. Its humorous to me that even when I'm layering, its "neat and tidy." I guess my style will always be clean like that.


Its quite subtle, but I've been experimenting with patterned paper combinations. Goodness knows I've got TONS of it to play with. Watching all the Glitter Girl videos has given me new confidence with mixing and matching them.

There are six patterns in this layout, but they are subtle and mix well because of the colors.

As seems to be the theme of late, this is old and new mixed together - an old layout sketch, some older products, a new approach to patterned paper, a new style attempt.

Peace, ya'll!

No comments: