Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hello, again, World!

Back in the saddle!!!

I've been away a LONG time from my little bloggy. Sometimes you have to take a break from writing and documenting and scrapbooking about life and actually LIVE a little life. 

We've been having some fun, finishing up school, finishing up projects, just doing what families do.

I've been working on projects, experimenting and working through older pictures. Its fun sometimes to go back a bit and see my guys a few year ago.

This layout commemorates the one and only time my littles went to the pumpkin patch together on a school trip. I can't believe how big my guys are getting. It doesn't feel like that long ago that we went to this little patch. But  now that the younger will be as old as my big boy is in these pictures, I realize how much time has passed. Sometimes my hobby is a bittersweet trip down memory lane...

Not only are the pictures a flashback, the paper I used is as well.



Some time ago, I bought an Epiphany Crafts Hexagon punch and the cute acrylic shape stickers that are part of the system. I've messed with it a bunch, but not done any actual layouts until this one. 

For this one I broke out some old Authentique Thriller Paper and used it with letters from Sn@p and Fancy Pants. The hex punches make a great little accessory and an occasional acrylic overlay makes some shiny and dimensional.

Many of the layouts I've done recently have been using older products from my stash. Most know that I love new scrabooking products. I'm totally a junkie. But I also love the challenge of using my older things in new, fresh ways. It very much challenges my creativity.

Here's a great challenge: use an old product with a newer technique...what do you end up with? Link me up!

Peace, ya'll!


No comments: