Thursday, June 19, 2014

Another Flashback - Fire Truck

Hard to believe that the little man in these photos is now seven years old and headed to the second grade!!!

I remember clearly that I wasn't able to go to the festival where these shots were taken due to my work schedule. My sweet husband made sure to take lots of photos so I could relive the day. I can almost feel his excitement still when I look at these pictures.

And though he's growing up, his fascination with fire trucks is still strong...sigh...little boys rock.

This is a mix of various Fancy Pants lines...some Wonderful Day, some Memories Captured, and Cream alpha stickers colored red. The yellow chevron washi is from Doddle Bug and the red measuring tape washi is from my stash as is the red paper. A star punch and some red jewels finish this one out. 

Speaking of jewels, never would have imagined that I would be using jewels on a layout about fire trucks for a little boy. But it just needed some sparkle!




I find with my layouts I got back to the same red, yellow, orange, green and black color combos and that I tend to favor that shelf layout foundation.

I've been working on honing my style to take advantage of the things I do well and enjoy the most in order to stream line my scrapping. This foundation is definitely a favorite! I'm sure now that I've pointed it out, you will notice how often I use this go-to for my pictures.

By the way...those Fancy Pants letters?  My absolute favorite letters. The perfect size for me, and the font is one I LOVE...I wish they had them in more colors!!!

Peace, ya'll!

No comments: