Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

All Aboard for Monday

Do you remember when Donna Downey released A Photos First Approach to Designing Layouts?

I still have that book on my shelf and refer to it for base sketches.

Her sketches are some of my favorite because they are incredibly simple, mostly just drawings of photos on a plain 12 x 12 base.

One of the things she did so well in the layouts in that book were to line up different sized photos along some line or lines as an arrangement.

In this layout, I had three very distinct photos to tell the story and they were all different sizes...when I went looking for a sketch, I got inspired by a base layout in Donna's Book.

The layout is all Studio Calico Abroad and some Thickers for a title. This line was AMAZING for scrapping my little guys "train."

A little mist,  little cutting, an edge...and voila! a layout:


Happy Monday, Everyone!

Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when those photos were taken.....how cool!