Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sketch to Layout

I took May Flaum's  Camp Scrap 2013 class through Big Picture Classes earlier this summer.

Awesomely filled with both big and small projects, this class was just the push I needed. 

It gave me the courage (and the right basic products list) to try some mixed media techniques.

I've had a couple of layouts in my "to try" file for a bit now...

This one by Kim Watson that I have tabbed in my Scrapbooking Boys and Men edition (the techniques are awesome and could be used a multitude of times without ever repeating yourself!).


And this one from Shimelle, (Plus the awesome technique video from Two Peas in a Bucket):


As is my habit, I started with a sketch -  so that my experimental background would turn out as I hoped:



My experiment turned out like this:


Now I have to confess...I originally purchased a small amount of matte medium and some watercolor gellatos.

BUT now, I have all gellatos I could get in one set, a BIG thing of matte medium and some special wrinkle free matte paper adhesive - more about those products and how I've been using them in another post. 

Like I needed a reason to buy more supplies, right?

Peace, ya'll!!!

No comments: