Tuesday, November 15, 2011

TAG YOU'RE IT!

Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog posted an AWESOME Tag You're It challenge yesterday!!!

For this one, I reached for some plain manila tags and got out my Hot Dog, Pony and Plumb Thumb mists. I used one of my Maya Road chipboard leaves as a mask on the tags.

Then I used a layout by Kim Watson in the latest CK as a sketch base. (unfortunately, i cannot find a link to it). Here is what I came up with:


Cardstock
Paper Bag by Paperbilities

Printed paper:
Apple Cheddar Soup Milk from Jillibean Soup

Embellishments:
Leaf Coaster pieces from Maya Road
Making Memories Felt Letters in Chocolate
Elementary Collection Die Cut Stickers from Studio Calico
Paper Tape from the Avignon collection by 7gypsies
Fashion Sense Felt Shapes in Harvest from Fancy Pants Designs
Bean Stalks Twine in Green/Blue from Jillibean Soup
Ink: Mister Huey’s in Pony, Hot Dog and Plumb Thumb
Hand cut Maple Leaves from various scraps

Ok....so honestly...I'm sort of not sure what I think about it.

BUT I'm beginning a policy with myself where I don't go back and re-do layouts. This one isn't what I dreamed up...but it is what it is. Isn't that how creativity often goes? Your art is what it is in that moment.

There are LOTS of different takes on this challenge. Go HERE and have a look!

Peace, ya'll!!!

1 comment:

Helen said...

I really like the way your tags turned out and your page! I agree that we shouldn't go back to re-do as it's a record of our creative life, the same as the photos are a record of our stories.