Friday, November 04, 2011

DIY Washi Tape Tutorials

I'm totally in the counterfeit mode right now...

There are a lot of reasons for this: I'm in super-frugal mode due to living on a tight budget with Christmas on the horizon, I'm totally jazzed about being challenged to do things myself (have you ever looked at something and thought, "I could do that"?), AND I'm Guest Designing over at Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog this month...all of which has me searching for DIY projects and ways to use what I have to make what I want.

I'm totally in love with paper tape or washi tape...you will see it in lots of my home-made kits and also on my layouts. But frankly, it can be a little pricey for my budget.

So, I went in search of DIY tutorials...seriously, I found TONS! Here is a little collection some of my favorites:

Becky Fleck has this tutorial on the Scrapbook and Cards Today blog:


Anneliese of Aesthetic Nest posted a sweet version with scanned fabrics:


There is an awesome version using wrapping paper posted on Just Something I Made (and who doesn't have loads of wrapping paper around???):


And finally, I found a great video tutorial from Papertrey Ink that has my mind just zooming with ideas:



This is just a smattering of what I found...I'm so excited to give some of them a try.

Have a BEAUTIFUL weekend everyone!

Peace, ya'll!

No comments: