Thursday, June 16, 2011

Possibility

I don't think I could ever explore a topic like Optimism without thinking of my husband Scott.

He's one of the most optimistic people I know...He really sees what is good in a situation and he really believes that no matter what happens, it will all be a blessing.

He is also a master at the Babe Ruth School of thought. You know about Babe Ruth right?

Babe Ruth was a World Series Champion 7 times, he has been named both the Greatest Baseball Player of the 20th Century and the Greatest Baseball Player of ALL TIME. They call him the "Sultan of Swat".

That little nickname is important. You see, he is quoted as saying “Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.” Translation? He swung at A LOT. 714 home runs - that 3rd on the list of baseball players OF ALL TIME. 2213 runs batted in (RBI) - 2nd of baseball players OF ALL TIME. In fact, though he played Major League Baseball from 1914 to 1935, two of his batting records STILL stand today, more than 75 years later.

BUT Babe Ruth also happens to hold the dubious distinction of having 1330 career strike outs. Its not the TOP number of strike outs - 95th of all time, he was remarkably proficient with a bat - BUT it still points to one thing: if you don't swing, you can't hit. and if you don't swing BIG, you can't hit BIG. In fact, Babe Ruth said that! He said, "I swing big, with everything I've got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can."

And my husband Scott has sort of the same philosophy...swing and miss, or swing and hit, but swing...at everything...and SWING BIG.

He has taught me the art of POSSIBILITY:

And I can't think of anything more appropriate than that to use the Scrapbooking From the Inside Out OPTIMISM kit for:


I really really really could not choose which of those gorgeous Basic Grey papers to scrap with, so I used them all (hee hee). I misted gently with Smooch Spritz to pull up the pink in the papers and tie them more firmly together.

Then did some fussy cutting and worked in this gorgeous resin flowers and butterfly safety pins.


When you think of optimism, who is it that comes to mind for you? Who do you admire for their ability to see the good in the world and to believe that all that happens is a blessing?!?!?!

Peace, ya'll!

2 comments:

Meghann said...

Such a beautiful layout! Great post too.

Jackie said...

Great blog filled with great ideas, thanks. I love the uberlist.