Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Sister by Choice and a BLOG HOP

Its a month all about FRIENDSHIPScrapbooking From the Inside Out,

And we are CELEBRATING with a BLOG HOP!

If you are hopping with us, you probably got here from the AMAZING BLOG of the FABULOUS Nancy Doren! (can you tell I'm a fan?)

If you are just wandering through, head on back to FABULOUS Melissa Elsner and get started properly.

I have to say that I had TONS of ideas for layouts about friendship and this kit did not disappoint with options to bring my ideas to reality:


Believe me when I say that there are more than enough supplies to get to all my ideas (now if I only had the TIME to get to all my ideas!)

The layout I have for you today is about my friend Kathy...She is my sister by choice.

She is a marvelously grounded human being, but she is also extremely fun, completely thoughtful and highly trustworthy. This girl can keep a confidence!

Lots of people think we are "real" sisters, I because we get along so well. A few people tell me that we look alike, and I'll be honest I see a similarity. BUT if you could see her family, you probably wouldn't think she looks so much like me.

This girl has been my friend through thick and thin, and we have some CRAZY stories we can tell our children some day (or not, depending upon the situation, if you know what I mean). I just lover her to death and wish I could carry her around in my pocket all the time.

Sadly, she lives on the OTHER coast...so I don't see her much...after all that we have been through, tho, I know I wouldn't have made it through sane without her...she is truly my salvation!


Friends who are close enough to be blood are so special. Do you have somebody like that in your life?

Tell me about it!!! Leave me a comment about your close enough to be blood friend to be entered to win that GORGEOUS kit up top.

Then head on over to WONDERFUL Patti aka Colored Sprinkle Girl and check out her project. Make sure you leave her some comment love, too!

The winners will be chosen from all the comments left on all the blogs in the hop this time.

SO, be sure you visit each DT member and leave a comment on each blog before 5 p.m. PST on TUESDAY. The winner will be announced on the Scrapbooking From the Inside Out Blog.

C'mon! Lets celebrate our friends!!!

Peace, ya'll

Peace, ya'll!

16 comments:

Carla said...

Beautiful lay out, love the colors and sweet fun pictures.

Pam W. said...

Great layout. I have a wonderful friend who I am so thankful to have in my life daily. She is a wonderful neighbor...and her children and my children are best buds so we all have a great time together.

Lora Oliver said...

I LOVE the colors and the outlining of the title! This is a lovely LO. I have friends who are the sisters I have chosen in my journey. One of them has been my BFF since 5th grade! We don't need to talk about how long that has been. ;)

Unknown said...

I love the lines on your layout!

You know, I never had close friends. For the last 15 years (11 of those married), my husband has been my best friend - for real! After that, my Mom is a close second. But recently, all it took was the right place and the right time at the right church to finally find girls I can depend on. Love them mucho!

Anonymous said...

i love the colors! my bff and i met in h.s and have so much fun together, we totally complete eachother.

thanks.
joanne p
jpineda77@hotmail.com

Jingle said...

Very nice layout! I love the strips!

Linda said...

Great layout! Unfortunately so many of my long time friends have moved away. Maybe it is time to find them and get reacquainted.

Tammy L said...

My BFF is a Kathy too. We have been friends for 20 years now and she is as close as a sister to me. I don't remember my life without her and I love her to death. We always joke that we can't NOT be friends because we know too much about the other! Thanks for sharing your beautiful layout.

CroppinCat said...

My names Cathy too...lol.
My best friend is a male!!! We met in jounior high school and its like we became joined at the hip. We have been thru first cars, first dates, losing a parent, going to the beach, having babies, helping each other through so many times good and bad. John is truly my best friend and I have been so blessed to have him in my life.

csparky61 said...

I have been recently blessed with a "sister by choice" I wish I had one years ago!

Chark said...

hmmm...gotta be my sister-in-law who I just love to pieces and who I like too!

Pamela said...

My friend Ann is my long-lost-sister! I can talk to her about ANYTHING... I never have to hold anything back, and there is no taboo subject... There is no one on this planet that I can be so "real" with... She IS my sista'!!

Andrea Amu said...

Such a beutiful tribute to your sister by choice! It would be so great to have a friendship like that... very happy for you to have found that rare connection!

Kelly Massman said...

Well, I have a twin who was with me even in the womb. It's hard to surpass that... Lovely layout!

Jennifer Grace said...

I love the three tall strips of paper on your LO, looks fabulous.

I don't know what I'd do without my best friend, she lives just down the road from me at the moment and I love being able to see her loads, she's great to chat to and we have so much fun together. I'm currently planning her hen weekend too which is gonna be a blast! x

Arjanne said...

I don't have a BFF. I have a few friends, but I'm not really an outgoing girl, so I'm just happy to be at home.