Pages

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

My Own Counterfeit Kit

I’m something of a scrapbook supply junkie and have a studio full of amazing things not to be believed. Its more of an addiction than a hobby.

I have a particular weakness – kits. I’m forever looking at and longing after different supply kits. Its something of a thrill to see all those different and various supplies coordinated for me, and all I have to do is find some pictures that speak to me.

There are lots of different resources out there that encourage the use of the supplies you have to make your own supply kits.

Scrapbook.com has one HERE

Lain Ehmen has a little video on Making Money Selling Your Own kits.

But perhaps my favorite find was a site I recently discovered called Counterfeit Kit Challenge. It’s an awesome blog that encourages me to use my own stash to make something I LOVE…Kits!

They choose an inspiration kit each month from the many amazing monthly kits, each of their designers constructs their own stash-busting kit based on the inspiration, and then there are a series of challenges and blog-hops using those kits. Totally my kind of inspiration.

So, Counterfeit Kit doesn’t post their inspiration kit until the 5th of the month. But, I saw the new Lawn Party kit from Studio Calico and fell in love. Not only that, but I was pretty sure that I had a lot of the supplies or something EXTREMELY similar in my stash already. Just for reference, here is the Studio Calico kit:


Here is my take:



My version contains the following:

Cardstock (2 sheets each, various manufacturers)
Vanilla
White
Black
Ash Grey
Craft
Cream

Patterned Paper (1 Sheet Each):
Trendy (Crate Paper Crate Avenue Collection)
Fly Away (KI Memories Bloom Collection)
Diced Tomatoes (Jillibean Soup Old World Cabbage Stew Collection)
Dandy (Pebbles Happy Go Lucky Collection)
Head In the Clouds (My Minds Eye Good Day Sunshine Collection)
Bouquet (Crate Paper Portrait Collection)
Double Vision in Orange (Creative Imaginations Creative Café Line)
Vocab (Basic Grey Basics White Collection)

Embellishments:
Corrugated Shapes in Flowers (Jillibean Soup)
Hopscotch Fabric Bloomers (Basic Grey)
Mini Alphabet Stickers in Sunrise (My Little Shoebox)
Tiny Alphas in White On Black (Making Memories)
Patchwork Fabric Thickers Aqua (American Crafts)
1 yard of large ricrac in aqua
1 yard cream lace
3 sheets book pages, various sizes

I also made my own pennants out of 7 gypsies paper tape from the Venice Collection.

Now…to makes something amazing.

So…what do you think? How are you recycling things you already have to serve a new purpose? Share!

1 comment:

Meghann Andrew said...

Awesome! Really similar. Can't wait to see what you create!