I'm so shocked to see that my time as a designer for Scrapbooking From the Inside Out is rapidly coming to a close. Its been so much fun that its hard to believe how much time has passed.
But it IS indeed that time:
Scrapbooking From the Inside Out is a monthly kit club, inspiration source and online community. We are holding a Design Team search. Inside Out is a different kind of kit club – we use scrapbooking as a form of self-exploration, self-expression and self-discovery. Our goal is to encourage the use of scrapbooking as a way for us to tap into our deep inner worlds in the midst of our very busy lives. Every month Scrapbooking from the Inside Out creates a kit that uses the freshest supplies along with symbolism that helps scrappers tell their real story. Our industry-exclusive FREE Inspiration Page each month provides a multimedia support system - including deep journaling prompts, a music playlist, quotes, photos and evocative challenges to make tender hearts and creative minds and hands flow.
We will be taking submissions from now through May 5, 2011. Announcements will be made on or before May 26, 2011.
We are seeking talented designers (including overseas), who are passionate about scrapbooking and personal growth to share in this journey, to add to our team. As a Design Team member, you will serve a critical role in promoting the kits and the website on message boards, the blog, and representing the company where ever you can. We ask that our designers not hold design team positions with any other kit club or online scrapbooking retailer. Manufacturer design team appointments and teaching at your LSS are fine.
As a member of our Design Team, you will be asked to:
1. create 5 self-focused layouts using 80% materials from our kit and relating to the theme of the month
2. contribute two monthly articles for subscriber-only content (tips or techniques with step by step photos )
3. participate on our message boards at least 4 days per week
4. design for Inside Out for a 6-month term, beginning on June 1, 2011 (starting with the July 2011 Kit)
5. post your Inside Out LOs as requested by us at scrapbook community sites
6. submit your LOs for publication as requested
All projects made with the kit are yours to keep, and when used in the newsletter or on the website, you will be given full credit. As our designer, you can also submit your own work for publication as long as you give Inside Out proper credit in the contents list.
Your compensation will be:
1. Free monthly kit with no shipping charge from July-December 2011.
2. Recognition on our website with a link to your blog.
3. Incredible friendships, publishing opportunities and creative insight into your heart!
To apply, please email the following to email@example.com (subject – Design Team):
1. photos of 4 layouts of any size. All 4 projects should be about your inner world – your thoughts, feelings, dreams, fears
2. links to your online gallery, blog and/or resume, if available
3. your full contact information: name, phone number, email address, and mailing address
4. a short paragraph or two about why you want to be one of our designers – why this concept matters to you
5. a list of your current scrapbooking commitments – other DT work, etc.
We’re a passionate and creative team looking for like-minded people who love to share their thoughts and feelings using our craft and foster a supportive and welcoming community. We look forward to getting to know you!