Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Muse - The One with the Great Wall of China

For some reason, China has always fascinated me...I've been enamoured of the idea of getting 1/2 way around the world for some time now.

In 2007 one of the bloggers who I read regularly moved to China for a year. I lived China vicariously through her. It was amazing and sort of torturous as well.

Then a woman whom I admire greatly for her courage and honesty, decided to adopt from China...three times! She allowed me to live vicariously through her process, including the trips to get her babies. I have been hooked ever since.

Lately, I've been watching snippets of a documentary series called Wild China about China's wild life and natural history. Its some of the most gorgeous, eye-filling, peaceful imagery I've ever seen. So far, Jayden and I have both been mesmerized by the Asian Elephants.

In my effort to find information about the documentary series, I stumbled across a travel blog, also called Wild China, but with out the space...like this: WildChina. FASCINATING stuff about the travels and tours of others visiting China.

I think its fair to say that I have an obsession nearly bordering on insanity.

So, for today, the Monday Muse is something I LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG to see for myself:


I know, I know, I know...its trite and everyone says its not what they thought...

But I am mesmerized by the size, the concept, the gorgeousness of it.

It conjures some interesting things...what is YOUR great wall? What fascinates you to obsession? What is the most stunning scenery you've ever seen? Where on this earth would you like to travel?

I'm thinking this will find itself on a page VERY shortly...like maybe an SFTIO page!?!??!?! HMMMMM.....

So...what would you do with this muse?

Peace, ya'll.

1 comment:

MaryC said...

I love the photo you used here. I haven't ever considered going to China but I dream of Egypt, which of course is out of the question at this point. So I live through the National Geographic and History Channels.