Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Loving You

Normally, I'm so much better at posting...it seems since January, I've been flying by the seat of my pants in this bloggy thing.

This too shall pass...

Its a cycle, this life thing...a cycle of seasons...this happens to be a busy season for me.

The Scrapbooking From the Inside Out Vulnerability Kit has been an amazing kit for me...this is the second of the layouts I did for the kit.


Perhaps opening ourselves up to being vulnerable to our significant other is one of our greatest risks...what if it doesn't work out? What if they cannot be trusted? What if they simply don't care?

For years I plunged headlong into loving...and was rewarded with a significantly shattered heart each and every time...sometimes I shattered it myself...and others it was shattered for me. In all cases, I added bricks to a wall, boards to a fence to keep others out.

Now, you understand where this dogmatic quest for "transparency" comes from...I'm no longer interested in surrounding myself with bricks and fences...I'm more interested in surrounding myself with people who are supportive and encouraging. This purpose necessitates the taking of risks, the extension of love with the full understanding that my heart could once again become damaged.

My amazing Scott is one of the people who fits this...he has broken my heart, I will not lie. BUT he's always fully particiapted in helping me piece it all back together and continue to live an open and unguarded life. Its a magnificent testimony as to what God can do in a relationship if you give him the wheel...and what it means to truly love without borders.

Peace, ya'll!!!

2 comments:

Christa said...

Love this layout Felecia! Very powerful.

**** April **** said...

well, he's quite handsome! :) Your boys look just like him... you know, that's the first time I can recall seeing "Mister Felecia" LOL

What a beautiful layout... very transparent... beautiful photo. I love your style... it's timeless.