Thursday, February 17, 2011

Design Team

Vulnerability is something that I'm keenly aware of...I'm a good little wall builder! When I began to explore Vulnerability for Scrapbooking From the Inside Out's February kit, I realized that one of my insecurities is my scrapbooking.

Odd...

Hmmm....

I am a furious look-at-it-again-girl...one more time...does it look ok? Will they like it? (Will they like it!??!?! REALLY!?!?!?) So, I thought a layout about Design Team layouts was in order:


I used some of the really amazing butterfly lace paper on this, but chose to cut it out and back it...


Art is such a subjective thing...and to be chosen for a design team was a personal dream come true...but it is not without its nervous moments. There are first the nervous moments of creation - the asking of myself to dig deeply and creatively into my heart and mind.

Then there are the moments where the creation is done and I nervously page through each layout wondering if its good enough, right enough, "me" enough, artistic enough...well, you get the picture.

After that, there are those moments when I hit the send button and hope that what I have created is appropriate...and knowing that I cannot at this point take it back!.

And lastly, there are the moments when I read and ponder the layouts of my fellow design team members, admiring their insight, wondering why maybe these thoughts never crossed my mind, thinking about how much I appreciate that they, too, dug deep and created from the heart, shared their art.

These are moments of furious and fabulous vulnerability...but also courage and then reward. There is nothing quite like sharing your art with the world...

Peace, ya'll!!

3 comments:

Arlene Camacho said...

Oh Felecia, I am soooo glad that I'm not the only one who does this!!!

oftentimes I put so much pressure on myself to make something perfect...I can block the process a bit.

this layout is absolutely beautiful, and so are the many other ones you've created! never doubt it!

Meghann said...

I totally know what you're saying! I am the same way. LOVE this layout. Absolutely beautiful.

**** April **** said...

Why YOU would ever second guess yourself... OMG... for real? You'relike... AMAZING!@