Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Don't Top Ten

I'm a bummer, I guess...

In the time when it appears that nearly the entire world is looking back upon their top tens of 2010, I'm not interested.

Its been a banner year for me...there are way more than 10 worst and best things to list out, way more than 10 favorites for the year, way more than 10 shows, songs, foods, gadgets, whatever that I liked.

This last year, I tried using the Uberlist. I have to confess...I'm still working on my list. It was a year of many lists, but not much made it onto the uberlist once I got past number 100. I have plans for that in the new year.

This year, I also tried using ONE LITTLE WORD . My word was "Cultivate." The jury is still out on whether or not I can actually check that word off as "done." Again, I have bigger plans for the new year.

This year, I STARTED a Project 365 using Shutter Cal. That got as far as April. (Which means I think I answered my own question about the whole "cultivate" thing...) I have bigger plans for that too!!!

And all this to say...I'm not a failure.

 HA!

 I'm being transparent here. I did not complete any of these projects...but I did ever so much more! We have a baby in our house who turned a year old on 12/21...that was a significant achievement. And I've been on the Design Team for Scrapbooking From the Inside Out for the last six months. A complete dream come true that has also resulted in me completing more pages about myself in the last 6 months than I did in two years before that! I lead a Life Group that is the most amazing group of women ever assembled - HUGE amazing experience!! I'm also employed, have a relatively clean house, and manage a load of laundry or two and a grocery shopping trip each week.  Plus, I cook.

So, you see...I'm quite successful despite not having goals written out, not being able to get past 100 on the Uberlist, not working all that hard on my One Little Word and completely dropping the ball on the whole Photo a Day thing.

All this to say...I don't do top 10's. There is ever so much more to life than looking backward. (Just consult Lot's wife!) I, for one, would like to look forward.

Oh, all right, you twisted my arm...if you MUST have a Top 10, go look at Top Tenz. It is one of those sites with a completely irritating misspelling, but the top 10 lists are interesting.

Plus, there is something for everyone there...something no top 10 list of mine could ever provide!!!

Happy day, everyone!

Peace!

2 comments:

nancy said...

You are a total success!! I often wonder how women with kids do it all... you are a total inspiration and I cannot imagine how much energy you have. I admire you!

Rachel said...

Yep, what Nancy said! :D
Here's how bad I was--I didn't even finish MAKING my uberlist, let alone actually check everything off of it. LOL.
Doesn't mean I won't try again this year, though! Here's to a new year of creativity and sharing.