Friday, October 01, 2010

Purpose

I feel as though I just posted that it was September 1st and now here it is October 1st! October is a BIG month in my house…two family birthdays, a friend’s birthday, and Halloween, combined with my desire to bake more, go pumpkin hunting, spend time in the beautiful leaves…it’s a month full of adventure for us.

October 1st also means I get to post about the new Scrapbooking From the Inside Out kit!

This month, the theme is Purpose.

Lots to think about there! Do you believe you have one? Do you move with purpose through your life? Do you know yours or are you still seeking?

This kit is FULL of amazing products for digging into your purpose:


10 Sheets double sided patterned paper from the Crate Paper Restoration line, Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante line and Kaisercraft Lush line. I Just LOVE all the printed papers in this kit. Its so on-trend! I went exploring “Steampunk” when we got the kit and I think I have a new obsession!




The cardstocks this month are all American Crafts in Charcoal, Black, Rust and Jade – GORGEOUS!


There are a TON of embellishments in this kit…a full Basic Grey chipboard alphabet Wander font in Green and a full set of Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type Clear letters in Brown, Gem Gears from 7gypsies, Kraft Window Envelopes from Maya Raod, Melissa Frances Ephemera General Store Stickers, Crate Paper Restoration Chipboard, Graphic 45 Chipboard Buttons, Jillibean Soup Corrugated Shapes Arrows, Maya Raod Bingo Markers, Basic Grey Basics Journaling Transparencies…Oh the list goes on and on…its really a stunning kit!







My favorite part this month was the Tim Holtz Masks in Timeworks and the Tim Holtz Distress Stickles…these things are so versatile and fun! I loved the clock face and the gears from the masks and, well…I’m not exactly a glitter person. I hate that it gets everywhere and I always seem to end up with it on my face. But Stickles is my answer to glitter…it’s the only type of “glitter” I use, actually. And this color is GORGEOUS!


My first layout from the kit is called Meant to Be:


Its all about the things I know I’m meant to be, all the things I strive to be, as a woman, as a wife, as a mother, as a friend, as an artist. I don’t often do cut work, but I so loved the imagery in this kit that I couldn’t resist cutting some things out!


So, what’s your purpose?!?!?!

Peace, ya’ll!

1 comment:

**** April **** said...

I love that you include YOU In your scrapbooks! I need to do that more. Great job on the page. It's a beauty. :)

That kit looked awesome!