Wednesday, October 06, 2010

one purpose *SFTIO October Purpose Kit*

So…have you been thinking about your purpose?

The Scrapbooking From the Inside Out Purpose kit really had me thinking.

Practically speaking, I could say I have a whole lot of purposes – wife, mom, friend, artist, employee, Life Group leader…the list could really be endless .

But the common thread in each of these, the place I strive (often unsuccessfully) to the best of my ability is to reflect the Grace and Love of the God I serve. Its hard sometimes to set myself aside, to align my longings and my life to the flow of God.

Still, it is the purpose I believe I was made for…

The colors in this kit are SO remarkable and on trend…for example, there is a huge push with yellow and charcoal. I loved how cozy and deep they felt…and how sophisticated.


There is a lot of cut work on this layout…that yellow border..but OH, how rewarding it is to see it against the charcoal cardstock.

I LOVED the butterflies on the Graphic 35 paper as well..beautiful to cut out a ton of them and scatter them about. I also ventured into making some of my own flowers. I’ve been experimenting with some techniques I learned at CKC in August and liking them enough to start using them on layouts.


And, hey, with two boys in my house, its not often that I get to scrapbook intricately cut flowers or butterflies on my layouts!!! So WOOHOO for getting to do something girly and sophisticated!

Peace, ya’ll!!

2 comments:

Meghann said...

These layouts that you're creating are just beautiful. I haven't found my purpose yet, but I'm working on it daily!

**** April **** said...

stunning! Just stunning! One day I'll figure out my purpose. I want to be the person God wants me to be... but I still have to figure out exactly what that means for me.