Wednesday, September 08, 2010

dawn comes *SFTIO September Enlightment Kit*

I know, I know, I know...I've been a little silent over the last few days...

I just really needed some down time...and the three day weekend was a good thing, since the boys and I all got a little cold. Poor little Noah has learned to mouth breath at 8 months!

The September Enlightenment. kit from Scrapbooking From the Inside Out. was a HUGE inspiration for me...I did three layouts in a little over two hours with the kit this time...

This one, tho...this one was NOT one of them.

It started off as a series of 12 x 12 sketches...I played with some white cardstock, drawing and tearing and sort of messing with the dimensions and the idea for awhile...in the end, I decided that I just did NOT have the pictures to pull off the sentiment. So...I shrunk it a bit and decided that it would make a nice little inspiration piece.

It is certainly something I've learned over time...there is always tomorrow...its hard to let go of today sometimes. And equally hard to let go of pain and confusion, neglect or our perceived injury. But in the end, no matter what, dawn always comes:


Now, I'm the first to state very clearly that I'm not a blingy scrapper...but...ok, the whole bling thing is GROWING on me...


There is an awesome journaling prompt up for this month over on the inspiration page.

Illuminate the Darkness: What life experiences and growth have allowed you to shine a light on others in a dark place? When have you been able to ‘turn the light on’ for yourself after a period of loss, sadness or grief? How good are you at lighting a candle instead of cursing the darkness? What is your role in lighting the way for others? Is it overstepping your bounds to speak your truth, or do you offer your gifts freely? What have others done for you to illuminate your path and provide insight?

I thought this was so fitting as a challenge!!

Have a GORGEOUS Wednesday everyone!!!

Peace, ya'll!

3 comments:

shaina said...

this is so so pretty.
and the words move me.
<3

Mama Dove said...

If you want to hear the crazier side of me, I have actually been trying to figure out how to explain what the flame inside me looks like and how I use it. You can find that here:
http://synsensic.blogspot.com/2010/09/what-lights-up-my-life.html

You can comment or share if you wish. I am writing things in an anonymous enough way now that I am not that worried about it. I would sort of like a critique, and to make sure it makes sense to someone else. Thanks! Love you!

Rachel said...

I love this piece! It reminds me of the nights/early mornings I spent up with my son when he was an insanely inconsolable cranky infant. I remember many, many mornings watching the sun come up while holding him in the rocking chair and thinking with a sigh that we had both survived another night.
So the sentiment is literally true AND a great metaphor. :)
Thanks for sharing this.