Thursday, September 09, 2010

Be Safe, Be Kind, Pizza Face

Learned THIS yesterday from my friend Erin:

We really only need two rules in life:  Be safe.  Be kind.

Even more profound if you consider that she did not say "NICE."

These words of wisdom came from her mother and I thought that they were so appropriate, for us as adults and for me as a mom raising two little boys.  How easy for them to remember: Be Safe, Be Kind...and how easy for ME as a mom to use in a multitude of situations. My friend Erin said she couldn't think of a place where these words would not apply.  I happen to whole-heartedly agree!!!

Speaking of kiddos....

I did a bit of scrapbooking over the weekend...

Well...actually...I had a cold all weekend - me AND the boys...YUCK...runny noses all around. On Monday the boys were doing much better and so went to play with Grandma T in the pools she has in her back yard.

Scott and I rested and had some "down" time...precious stuff, that down time!

Needless to say, I was not in the mood for anything strenuous...so, I turned on last season's episodes of The Closer, plopped myself down on the floor in my scrap room and proceeded to clean up. IMMENSELY cathartic to clean up and put away and sort and file and...well...you know I love to be organized!

After it was all said and done, I had a clean office, one more hour to spare and one more episode of the Closer left to watch...so I broke out a kit I took to the convention with me and finished a layout:


Supplies:
Printed Paper: Girls Paperie, October Afternoon
Letters: Girls Paperie
Journal spot: Technique Tuesday
Title Card: My Minds Eye
Sticker: little yellow Bicycle
Punch: Fiskars
Cardstock: Making Memories
Ink: Colorbox
Photo Corners: Canson

I also found one that I've failed to post before. Hard to believe that these two layouts are the same child...


Supplies:
Overlay - Hambly Little Circle Green
Printed Paper - Lily Bee
Felt Letters - Making Memories
Buttons: Creative Imaginations Creative Cafe
Ink: Colorbox
Dictionary page: Torn from dictionary
Journal Spot: My Minds Eye
Spray: Smooch Citrus Tickle
Cardstock: Bazzill

That last one got me thinking: Its HARD to photograph layouts with transparency backgrounds...How do YOU do it? Photograph something that is essentially see through??? How do you photograph glass or water or any of these things that have an impression to the naked eye, but don't really read well in a photograph. I'm going to have to experiment.

Have an AMAZING day, everyone!!

1 comment:

MaryC said...

My OS on my computer crashed so I am on the RGH's. I wrote a long comment and he didn't have some add on for the verification thing and my whole comment disappeared when I enabled the add on. *sigh* So I don't need to explain where I have been. As you can see, it's in Wayne's World with no computer.
Love the layout.
Blessings,
Mary