Monday, August 16, 2010

Not Just Me, But Mom

I never really wanted to be a mom…it wasn’t part of my game plan.

There is a long and very involved story as to WHY I didn’t want to be a mom, but lets just leave it at this: it wasn’t on my radar.

When I found out I was pregnant with Jayden, I wanted the whole world to stop and notice…I wanted it to be special.

That first pregnancy taught me so much – about my body, about my habits, about who I was.

Motherhood in and of itself has been an unbelievable discovery…and the love of motherhood has been an even greater discovery.

My reluctance, and subsequent discoveries about life beyond myself is another good story for the August Discovery kit from Scrapbooking From the Inside Out:



This is layout is totally about how I am completely enamored with my kids and how it started with that very first time I held a living breathing human being from within my own body in my arms…there is not a word in the world that could adequately describe how big it is…how absolutely breathtaking.

What breathtaking thing have you discovered?

Or what simple little thing have you discovered.

Don’t think there are any revelations in your life you could journal or make art about?

Head on over to Scrapbooking From the Inside Out’s Inspiration Page. Its FULL of prompts, ideas, songs and wonderful art to get your thoughts moving.

And have an AMAZING day!!!

Peace, ya’ll!

5 comments:

Meghann said...

Wow! Beautiful layout.

Rachel said...

What a lovely layout. I can't believe how becoming a parent changes everything, how i think, feel and am. They take my breath away every time I look at them.

Rachel said...

no words, just tears *sniff* =)

nancy said...

I love hearing someone say "reluctant mother"... it's so honest and real. And then to read how much you love being a mother... very touching.

**** April **** said...

I am in LOVE with being a mom... and it IS special! :) even when it's ordinary.