I think more than any other time of year, September represents to me new beginnings. There is a new school year, fresh supplies, fresh clothing, new ideas. The weather cools off from the sticky, hot and stifling summer to a more breathable, less humid, crisp and electric atmosphere.
I’ve been busy planning out my September. When I can scrapbook, what I will blog, things I want to craft, supplies I want to get, a new class and a new group I’m starting, consolidating some inspirations into a new notebook with new organization, and all sorts of other “new year” things.
I’m also looking ahead and planning things like a blog format update, October birthday celebrations for my big boy and my wonderful husband, how I will manage Christmas shopping/gifting, my annual Christmas cookie exchange, the one-year birthday of a very cute bald-headed boy in December and my new (again) desire to be fit.
I’m planning on some future blogs to show you all this planning and share my inspirations. More on that later.
Five Question Friday time:
1. How many pets do you have? Just one…a very old toy Pomeranian named Hunny – she can’t see, or hear…but she can still eat and make a mess.
2. If you could switch places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be? Ummmm….my husband. He’s at home with my boys during the day, which is a place I LONG to be.
3. What is your favorite money saving tip? Don’t spend it? Is that too simple? Here is my tip…understand quality vs. expensive. I invest in some things due to the quality – like my shoes. I wear them across several seasons, get maintenance done on them regularly by the cobbler and thus, invest in them (but I do usually buy on sale!) I also use coupons, money back deals, and purchase ahead deals to save my cash. Oh, and one more. Don’t buy on debt. If you can’t afford to pay cash for something, don’t buy it. I think medical emergencies, houses and cars might fall outside of this…but generally we don’t buy on credit!
4. What do you want your kids to be when they grow up? Productive, intelligent, balanced, positive human beings with a solid relationship with Christ. The rest is up to them.
5. What is your favorite quote? its actually a scripture:
Jeremiah 29:11: For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Have a FABULOUS FRIDAY, everyone!