Wednesday, July 14, 2010

SFTIO - July Kit - BOLDLY GO...umm no

While pondering my layouts for theScrapbooking From The Inside Out Courage Kit, I had to consider areas in my life where I DON'T have enough courage....

When it comes to dealing with people, I'm as courageous as they come, but not so much when we start talking about the extreme sports type of things that so many people do for the adrenaline rush. I am just not an adrenaline junkie...I'm more of a chocolate junkie.

You know...like swimming with sharks and jumping out of perfectly good airplanes...I don't think jumping out of a perfectly good airplane is in my future AT ALL!


I used my Cricut to cut letters for the title on this one as well as making arrow heads from some of my scraps...sometimes it really stretches your creativity to use patterned paper for the embellshments...


Tried some journaling by hand on this layout...I don't often do that because my handwriting is really hard to read. But then I was thinking about my Grandma Quimby and how she gave us all hand-written cookbooks when she died. I remembered telling my mom that I couldn't read a word of my grandmother's handwriting from a letter she had written to me. Mom told me a story about how my grandmother left school at the 8th grade because she was the oldest girl and it was her job to take care of my great grandmother...I've never forgotten that...So, if my kids ever get to see these pages, I think my handwriting should be part of the layout about things I don't have the courage to do...it seemed like it fit.


So...what would be on your never-in-this-lifetime list?


Peace, ya'll!!

5 comments:

Meghann said...

Super cool layout! I keep looking at it over and over again. I'm not an adrenaline junkie either. Camping is on my list of things that I wouldn't do. =)

Enjoy the Ride said...

Hmmm... I definitely will not pierce any other body part than my ears, and they're at their max capacity of two piercings per lobe. I never wear earrings anymore anyway...

sharyncarlson said...

Love your layout! I tend to lack courage when it comes to heights... even climbing a ladder is tough! LOL!

Rachel said...

Oh, but you are SO courageous. All that extreme physical stuff just risks the body. Dealing with people risks the emotions, which is ever so much more difficult and scary.
In my book, girl, you're one of the most courageous people I know. (And you probably know that already, but I just had to say so.)
I love how genuine and open you always are. You inspire me. :)

**** April **** said...

It's funny you say that... you'll get up in front of a group of people and PERFORM...and 90% of the population is TERRIFIED of doing something like that... so it's all in the eye of the beholder. I'm like you, however, in that I"d prefer a mike in my hand than jumping out of a perfectly good airplane... no bungee jumping... do base diving... I'm not even sure I'd want to scuba dive b/c I don't want to go into a shark tank... I mean..that's what the ocean IS -- a big shark tank!

LOOOOOVE this, however.... beautiful job.