Pages

Friday, July 02, 2010

FRIDAY! FRIDAY!! YEA!!!

Its Friday, Its Friday, Its Friday...:::doing my happy little weekend dance!:::

That means its time for FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY!

I love doing these...this one has a few special memories...

1. What is one thing you miss the most about childhood? Grandma Qumiby's home made strawberry jam made from strawberries she grew herself, the feel of the wind in my hair and on my face as I rode my bike and being curled up on the formal living room couch reading books.

2. Are you still friends with your friends from high school? some of them I'm closer to than others, but yes.

3. Is there a catch phrase, cliche, or word that just drives you bonkers every time you hear it? Yes. In the south, they say "Bless your heart!" like its something GOOD, when in fact it is something BAD...for example: "BLESS YOUR HEART bringing all your kids to Target!" Which translates: "You foolish woman, why do you not have control of your kids and are you too stupid to think that you could bring them all to Target????? you must be a single mom!" You get the idea.

4. What is one thing that you think symbolizes America...besides "Old Glory"? This:

Courtesy of www.statueofliberty.org

5. What are your 4th of July weekend plans? A sprayground, some water balloons and perhaps a symphony concert...

Peace, ya'll! and Happy 4th!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh yes, the wind in your hair while on a bicycle! There was nothing like those first tastes of freedom riding my bike AROUND THE BLOCK out of sight of my parents for the first time. LOL. Heady! Thanks for bringing back a teeny piece of joy I had forgotten all about.
=)

Meghann Andrew said...

I love this list. When I think about my childhood, I picture my bike & all the adventures I had on it with my best friend down the road. Happy 4th!

**** April **** said...

Great answers! (As usual!)