Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday Muse

I’ve long been a fan of the cupcake…Its like a little piece of Heaven.

You can have a little cupcake treat and not blow the whole day.

You can do all sorts of wonderful things with a cupcake that you just can’t do with other deserts.

My cupcake love led me some time ago to a little site called Crumbs and Doilies.

They are a cupcake bakery in London…oh, how I wish I were across the pond!

Anyway, they do this magical thing with gradient colors of icing and different kinds of sprinkles. In fact, they are the sole inspiration for my sprinkle fettish.

These Beauties were posted awhile back on their blog and I simply fell in love with the colors.

When they get them all in the boxes like this, they look like some gorgeous painting or quilt, don’t they?

Wanna close up?


Serious goodness…

Gradient color.

Tiny art pieces all combined together to make one great art piece.

Slight variations from section to section to make things just a little bit different with a severely constrained color scheme.

Monochromatic design.

I so love the silver heart and the silver star...silver on a cupcake!!  WHOOHOO!

And…well…cupcake love…

All of these things could come from this muse.

So…what do you think?

What would you do with this?

Peace, ya’ll!

4 comments:

**** April **** said...

be still my heart. I love me some cake-age! :)

玫友 said...

Keep in contact. Good Luck..................................................

sharyncarlson said...

Gorgeous and yummy! Love those colors :)

Rbarakat said...

These look so yummy!!