Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday Muse

I've always loved this aesthetic:


remodeled kitchen eclectic kitchen

A little black and white checker board floor, lots of modern black and white decor and a pop of yellow...

But I found my tidy little aesthetic turned on its ear here:

dominomag modern kids

That black and white floor is still there...but look at that ceiling! AWESOME! (although I would be a bit afraid I'd be giving the baby vertigo or something...

Here is the same aesthetic turned on its ear in another way by Amy Atlas.



Still black, white and yellow, but the checker board is now represented in those candies on the front tray and the cake cubes, and the overall symmetry of the design.

So...today's muse is this...black, white and yellow...what would you do with it!?!?!?!?

Peace, ya'll!

5 comments:

batesda said...

人有兩眼一舌,是為了觀察倍於說話的緣故。............................................................

Enjoy the Ride said...

I dunno, but now that you've pointed it out, I love it. Although I think I would love black, white and any bright color to "pop" it, like turquoise or robins egg blue, or a bright, hot pink, or a lime-ish green. Hmmmm... yum.

shaina said...

i simply LOVE that ceiling in the kids room. that is so something i would do. it kind of has a genevive gorder feel to it... i adore her.
and black and white has always been a favorite of mine, although i probably like it in damask print rather than checker board.
great post!! <3 thanks for sharing.

ps. did you change your blog design?? :D

sharyncarlson said...

Awesome finds!!! I love that striped ceiling, and really, all the rooms :)

**** April **** said...

I like it and appreciate it but I wouldn't ever do it... just not me. Ya know?