Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Monday Muse on Tuesday

After the long weekend, the irony that this post should appear today (as opposed to last week sometime when it might have been more helpful) is not lost on me!

BUT…I persevere!

Today’s Monday Muse (on Tuesday…it was a holiday! I took the day off!) is a fabulous creation from none other than the amazing talent of Eddie Ross.


If you would specifically like to know how to turn a cabbage into a lovely dip server, please click HERE:

I’m in love with Eddie Ross’ sensibility when it comes to entertaining and decorating…use the old, don’t bother with the new, refurbish, repurpose, reuse. Make thinks simple and less of a burden - on yourself, on the environment, on your family, on your guests. Simple entertaining is a lost art...and being able to do it simply with what you have is a profound act of creativity.

Sadly, I do not have his magnificent Butler’s Pantry of lost treasures.

But I digress…

THIS muse…wow…this muse is about how to make something very ordinary and everyday into something special and extraordinary.

Its about how to use something we have become very familiar with and make it special just by paying attention to it for a change.

I keep thinking about tea…such a simple thing…but it can be made so amazing by a ceremony or a gorgeous teapot or a plate of tiny sandwiches and sweets…

Oh, and the COLOR in this muse! Is there anything more beautiful than the colors that nature just gives us in its every day cycles, it’s going about its own business?

There have to be 15 shades of green here alone! Amazing…

How does this inspire your art or your life?

What simple thing could you turn into a magical ritual? What commonplace thing could be made beautiful by a change in presentation? What colors do you see around you everyday that you could call into action for your art? What needs only you to pay attention to become art?

Happy creating, y’all!

Peace!

3 comments:

Sam said...

Eek! I can't believe I forgot to move his blog over when we got our new computer. Eddie Ross was my favorite on the last season of Top Design! I'm so glad you linked it =)

Meghann said...

Wow! Amazing photo! You've given me a lot to think about!

**** April **** said...

never heard of him but it's a neat site. I agree with the tons of inspiration there.