Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Heard at Our House

Its been awhile since I did one of these, but I thought it would be good to put up some of the most recent musings from my pre-schooler...

Conversing with a 3 yr old is so Wonderland-ish. It starts off well enough “Momma, look at the moon!” But then things get all wonky, “WAIT!! That’s not our moon! That’s Grandma’s moon! It followed us home! It should go back to Grandma’s so we can have our moon back!”


Daddy to Jay: Each State has a special city called a "Capital."
Jay to Daddy: NO!! Its called a LOWERCASE!!!


Telling him Jesus would protect him didn't work. Telling him Daddy and I would protect him didn't work. Telling him that he could dream of anything he chose to didn't work. Putting the LCD star in his room to light it up didn't work. What worked to get rid of the nightmares was to tell him that Aunt Kellie packed up all the monsters in her suitcase and took them back to Colorado to set them free in the woods.


I was awakened at 3:40 am by a small boy at the side of my bed. When I asked him what he was doing out of bed, he said, "I'm jus wooking for some one to give me attention."


From the back seat: "Hey Mom, dis toy is wike David's swing shot when he fought Gowiaff! And Shrek and Grinch kind of wook awike...can I haff a Chhetoh, pwease??"

Mom! I scratched my butt and now my hand is stinky!!! Smell it!!! (uh….no thanks!)

Jayden: Mom! Cookie is pretending to be Quincy. And Quincy is pretending to be a SHARK! Mommy will you rock Quincy to sleep? He wanted to go to Monkey Joes but he can’t. He has to take a nap.
Mommy: Why does Quincy have to take a nap?
Jay: He was bad.
Mommy: What did he do that was bad?
Jayden: Mom! He’s a SHAAAAAARRRRRK!

6 comments:

shaina said...

oh those are too cute. and its so good that you write them down. one of my favorite things to look at is my mum's collection of sayings from when we were little. quite a treasure. <3
thanks for sharing.

**** April **** said...

OMG those are too precious! Well, except for the butt scratchin' one! LOL But he IS a boy... it's to be expected, I guess!

Rachel said...

LOL. Adorable! Eliot was apprehensive about a thunderstorm a few nights ago, and I told him the crashing noises were thunder and that they couldn't hurt him because they were just noise. He said okay and then started telling me a story about a castle and dragons and a Princess Mommy. When the thunder crashed loudly again, he threw up his hands in exasperation and declared, "Be QUIET, thumb-der, I'm trying to tell my mommy a story!" :)

Meghann said...

SO funny! I can't wait to have kids so that I can record these funny sayings.

MaryC said...

When Jacob was little and the monster thing came up, we bought a can of air freshener (heather scent) and put a label on it with a monster and the circle with the line through it. When he got scared, he could spray it to get rid of the monsters.
Monster spray works great.
You kid is a riot.

Enjoy the Ride said...

My youngest, when she was 2 or so, was in her car seat one night as we were driving home. I heard her gasp and say, "what's that?" As the passenger in the front seat I craned my neck around to see what she was seeing... it was the moon. So I said to her, "that's the moon. You found the moon!" And she repeated, "I found the moon!" A few minutes later another gasp... and "Look! I found another moon!" All the way home, she kept finding moons. I never realized earth had so many!!