Tuesday, June 29, 2010

All About Me

I've been meaning to post these, but haven't really gotten around to it.

These were the layouts I did for my Scrapbooking From The Inside Out Design Team Submission.

Scrapping about myself is a true indulgence...I seriously have so many ideas and pictures of the boys that I would have to have a solid year off scrapping every single day to get through them all.

But I think its so important that we include ourselves in our art...one reason why I submitted to be on the Design Team for SFTIO in the first place.

So...here you go...

35 vs 40:

This one is just about how much difference 5 years can make in a life...it was also my first real experiment with Smooch Mists...so much fun!


Brave:

I've been experimenting with flowers on layouts. Since I scrap mostly boy pages, there isn't a high calling for any of the handmade flower techniques that I'm seeing all over. For a mother of boys, there is no better place to put flowers than on layouts about myself!



Made for This:

Another flower experiment. Mostly loved using a really different mix of colors on this. I was also experimenting with the 6 x 12 size...I really like this size when I don't feel as though I have enough to fill a 12 x 12.



True North:

Another experiment with misting...this time with Tim Holtz Adirondack Color Wash and a mask. OH...and this is the first use I made of my new large format printer...I see a LOT of 12 by 12 printing in my future!


Have a BEAUTIFUL DAY!

Peace, ya'll!

4 comments:

Meghann said...

Great layouts! No wonder you were chosen!

Rachel said...

Very cool! =)

shaina said...

these pages are so great!! i am so excited to be a part of this team with you. :D
thanks for sharing.

**** April **** said...

OOOOH LOVE these. Gosh you're so freakin talented! I want to read the journaling! Is it too personal? You're my bud so I feel like if it's not personal, you can share with me, right? :)