Thursday, May 27, 2010

This is me...

the bumble bee

by Marybeth Fidler

a bumblebee flies into my apartment
it didn't mean to be there
--it panics
and seeing the outside through a glass window
it proceeds to push and push against the glass trying to get where it wants to go
in its panic never moving from its task long enough
to see the open window just inches away

how like the bumble bee I am in my work or my life
i see where i want to go
and in my panic
i forget to look for the open window

so i push and push and push
thinking i should be rewarded for all this hard work
when, in fact, i am so frantic
like the bee against the glass.

2 comments:

shaina said...

you have no idea how much i needed to read this today... thank you so much. honestly, from my deepest heart, thank you.

**** April **** said...

I think we are all there at some point in our lives...the one who say theyre noy are liars.