Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Fun with Monday Muse

The Monday Muse this week has TONS of layers, and yet a lot of structure. I would definitely, definitely distress each element.

To scrap this muse, I would start with a very very pale blue cardstock – probably something in the range of the Bazzill color Powder:


I would probably use one of the Winter Tree Glimmer Stencils from Tattered Angels and create that gorgeous tree in reverse with a combo of the colors from the Nature Collection:


Everything about this photo screams 7 gypsies to me and their new product line Avignon that was debuted at Winter CHA is PERFECT. I would build my layers out of these papers.


To get the newspaper effect, I would use 7 gypsies gaffers tapes in Venice.


My final element would be to layer some of these Prima Felt Branches in the foreground of the layout to get some depth.


What about other inspirations?

I love the modern interpretation of a shadow box that Colorystory designs is doing:


This photo frame made from a vintage window is a great idea. I found this one in Waste Not recycled art.


BH&G has this fabulous idea – a chalk board message center. I found many versions of this, using just about every size and shape of window frame available.


Sassy Trash has a couple of gorgeous interpretations of wall art using an old window frame and tree branches from her yard here: This is just one of her variations:


But, my favorite find this time: this Daisy Bouquet Necklace from CR Design gallery. JUST beautiful!


So…what would you do with the muse? Show me!! Link us up!

1 comment:

MaryC said...

OMG! I am loving the necklace too. And that wall art with the bottles? Gorgeous! I have been searching for a message board like that one, only with cork in some of the panels. It's adorable.