Thursday, December 03, 2009

Wreath Love

As I anticipate decorating my own home this weekend (I know…those of you who have known me for some time know my house is usually done by the end of Thanksgiving weekend!) I’ve been drooling over the amazing Christmas décor that is everywhere.

I am a wreath-on-the-door kind of girl – I have one for Valentine’s Day, one for Easter, two for summer, one for autumn…its sort of a fun thing for me to decorate that front door!!!

Now, I’m an extreme traditionalist with my Christmas décor – for me it means an evergreen wreath with red bows and berries on the front door and white lights on the Christmas tree…I try to keep it simple and uncomplicated…there is such beauty in that!

BUT I came across one very unique wreath…and being the obsessive that I am, I kind of went on a quest for unusual wreaths…there are so many amazing options out there! And some of them are SUPER easy to accomplish yourself!

Here is what I found:

Better Homes and Gardens is always a great place to start…they had this super cute (and kid-craft friendly) snowball wreath :



I also found a really cool Fish bobber wreath (Mom, this would be SOOOOO cute hanging on YOUR DOOR!)



This Ceiling Medalian Wreath is probably the easiest thing to make…and its so cute!



Sharyn Carlson has posted some gorgeous paper wreaths on her blog. You could so customize this idea to any color combo and style you wanted…and for the expense change it up every year!



Be Different Act Normal has posted a really cool picture frame wreath :



Apartment Therapy has posted several book page wreaths here . This is my favorite…but for the price of a cheap paperback, some hot glue and a little time, you could come up with something really amazing.



So, what are you doing for a wreath this year?

Peace, ya'll!!

3 comments:

Krista Lund said...

love the book page wreath and the square frame one...super cute!

i wish i could craft and be creative all day long!

Meghann said...

I love this post, especially the BHG snowball wreath!

sharyncarlson said...

Awww, thanks for the mention :) I really love the wreaths you've found! The medallion and picture frame ideas are so unique and beautiful!