Friday, August 07, 2009

15 in 15

So, I saw this on Facebook yesterday…my old (like 4th grade!) friend Derek put his up on his wall and I thought it would be fun to put here.

Name the first 15 movies that come to mind in 15 minutes. They will probably be the most memorable for you no matter what because they will come immediately to mind.

Don’t think too hard about it, just jot down the 15 that hit you right off the bat.

Here are mine:

1. Out of Africa – GORGEOUS movie!
2. Braham Stoker’s Dracula – yes…the one with Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder
3. City of Angels – oh, this made my heart ache
4. Mary Poppins – a childhood favorite
5. Finding Nemo – STILL a fave in our house, although we bought it LONG before Jay was born!
6. The Santa Clause – because I have a bit of a fascination with this fantasy
7. Matrix – unbelievable film making
8. Raiders of the Lost Ark
9. Star Wars: Episode I – waited in line for this one!
10. Bourne Identity
11. Lord of the Rings – another gorgeous and unbelievably well-made movie!
12. Shawshank Redemption – I think I’ve seen this move 100 times.
13. Memoirs of a Geisha – This movie is the most visually stunning move I’ve ever seen.
14. You’ve Got Mail
15. Top Gun

And a bonus movie for me: Gladiator.

I’ve come to realize I love epic films – stunning visually, great music, lots of plot and probably long. And…I appear to have a love of fantasy topics…well…nothing all that surprising there, huh?

Peace, y a’ll!

1 comment:

Sam said...

I have owned Memoirs of a Geisha since it came out on DVD and never watched it. I loved the book so much and was afraid the movie would disappoint...I'll have to finally unwrap it!