Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

When Hard Things "win"

This BLEW ME AWAY today...

My reverie was broken as the next realization hit me full force. Somehow, somewhere, unawares, I had been robbed of my joy. The thief had struck; the damage had been done (John 10:10). The constant flurry of running from one thing to the next, always striving to do the right thing, the next thing, the hard thing, had taken its toll. In my well-intentioned efforts to live a life of purpose and passion, I found myself instead drained and coveting the easier life that now paraded before my imagination.


This is an except this entry on The Rebelution Blog.

I was seriously blown away by these thoughts.

I have kept thinking "Life should be easier. This shouldn't be this hard." After reading this, I realize, yes...it IS this hard. God doesn't promise us no storms. He promises us SHELTER from the storm.

Amazing Tuesday to you!!

Blessings and Peace, ya'll!

1 comment:

**** April **** said...

Still prayin for you girl!!!