Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thinking Nursery…

With the appointment that will tell us our little peanut’s sex at the end of the month…and me in full-fledged purge-clean-renew mode, nurseries have been on my mind.

For Jayden’s nursery, I wanted something quite traditional…a jungle theme, very boyish, fun because there would never be another room in our house done in as fun a way as a nursery.

But this time…I’m thinking more transitional…more modern. Something a little less cartoonish and a little more arty…

I was browsing around and found these all quite interesting:

LOVE this boy’s room…Could totally see how a girlish take could be done with a different color if need be and still get the amazing effect…but I wonder how they did that wall!?!?!?!?



You can see more of it HERE

Also love this one…how gorgeous is this!??!?! The high contrast is AMAZING and what beautiful non-traditional colors for a baby girl. Again…I could see how a little tweak in the artwork and accessories could make this a boy’s room.



You can see more pics of this one HERE.

As I was browsing around for something different and fun, I came across these two rooms from Banana Fish. Don’t really imagine myself using ALL of the items available in the pattern, but in both cases I LOVE the comforters…and could see myself using them as jumping off points for something a little more eclectic.





So…what’s on YOUR mind?

Peace, ya’ll!

4 comments:

**** April **** said...

OH now those are ADORABLE!!!! I'm with you... transitional that they can grow with. drew is chompin at the bit for his firetruck room that will be started this fall. The nursery is going away. If we have to have another nursery... Yikes... dunno what will happen with that so I guess it's just a waiting game at this point. :)

Amy said...

Love all the styles, so do we know yet if it is going to be blue or pink? So excited for you!
Love and blessings,
Amy

Sarabeth Hudson said...

Waiting for the news....is it going to be public?

Sam said...

I absolutely love that last one - the colors, the patterns...although I'm definitely loving the paint on that first one. Maybe different glazes and slightly different colors of paint? I'm thinking it might be really neat in a den or playroom too!