Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

God's Perfect Moments

Three in one day...

******************One******************


We had a few Valentine's cards to open. I didn't have any. Jay noticed there were no cards for Mommy.

He said, "Where's your card, Mommy?"
I said, "Mommy doesn't have a card, baby."
He said, "It's ok, mommy. Its ok!"

******************Two******************


Scott and I passed a particular retail store on the way to an event last evening. I commented that I had never been in the store, though the concept is quite uniqe and its supposed to be fantastic. We discussed the concept of the store at length on the way to our event.

Fast forward to our event, a huge number of people in a ballroom, eating a diner at round tables. I strike up a conversation with the woman next to me. During the conversation, she mentioned several times that her and her husband were in retail. So, being the curious girl that I am, I ask in what capacity.

She tells me her husband is the PRESIDENT AND CEO of the company we discussed on the way to the event.

I don't believe in coincidence.

So, John Eldridge says, I'm asking the next question - Why did You bring me and this person together?

*****************Three*****************


As I'm tucking Jay into bed last night, he snuggled up next to me and let out a long sigh.

After much wiggling and getting comfortable, he says, "Happy Balentine Day, Mommy. I wuv you!"

God's timing is so perfect.

Peace, ya'll!!

1 comment:

**** April **** said...

Hey girl! I'm alive! Been missin' visiting the bloggage! :)

I love how he was trying to comfort you since you didn't have a card. Reminds me of when the boys started asking questions why Santa didn't bring ME anything. :)

AND... now I'm wondering why you, too, were brought together with that woman... tell me about the store -- inquiring minds want to know!

AND... sounds like a great ending to a wonderful day!