Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Now that the gifts are opened

I can share with you some of my Christmas projects...

Now, I'm no Mary, but I love two of the sentiments she expressed all through the Christmas season - #1 recycle and #2 use your talents to make meaningful and wonderful gifts within your budget for everyone on your list....so...

I was inspired by her LAST year and set about trying to find ways I could use my talents this year to make some (or all???) of my gifts. To be honest, I was really NO where close to all the way home-made. But I got about 40% done with my resourcefulness, imagination and talent this year. ABD I had so much fun!

First of all, I found the greatest etsy shop called little brown pen. They create printable card and calendar sets among other things.

I purchased these two calendars:




Add a large circle of cool paper and some ribbon ties and I ended up with these:



I also purchased several card sets...these two are some examples:




And couple of these card sets (and one that was given by little brown pen as a gift to its customers) produced these handy little sets of 8:



Add some pretty ribbon, maybe a small gift card and a punched tag and this was my pretty little gift packet:



I had a great time packaging and making pretty some paper piecings I began last year. They became some fabulous ornaments:



I also tried Mary's recycled container concept...I've been saving jars over the year and was able to do some really neat "layered trail mix" jars. Add a bit of festive ribbon and a downloaded tag image from the internet and I had gifts for all my co-workers:



I'm ready to embark on the journey to the new year. Working on a couple of new things and processing some fun challenges.

Have a happy day!

Peace, ya'll!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just saw those calendars somewhere else and still can't get over how cute they are! I've got to get over and check that shop out soon.
Love all the gift ideas - I'm going to put some in my google calendar for next November =)

**** April **** said...

well what a great idea you had! I love the idea of handmade gifts and they mean so much more to me because someone actually took time to think about something special just for me. :) I need to totally TOTALLY reorganize my October and November so that my homemade gifts are done by then! I did NONE this year! NONE -- I felt like such a loser! LOL

Mary C. said...

Hey, I didn't make everything...just some stuff but thanks for the shout out.
And I am in LOVE with the Little Red Riding Hood cards. Those are to dang cute for words.
And your jars are awesome!