Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Not Quite There...

So…I’ve been thinking about Ali’s “one little word” and have really come up against a wall.

As I surveyed my shambles of a house last night, I thought to myself:

“Would PURGE be a bad word for 2009?”

As in purge the crap in the garage that hasn’t seen the light of day in the three years we’ve been here.

As in purge the clothes that no longer fit or are just not going to be worn again in this house from my closet, Scott’s closet and jay’s closet.

As in purge the junk from the pantry that is just sitting there looking great but being bad.

As in purge my crappy eating habits over the last month and start to eat something besides carbs.

As in purge my bad attitude about work, cleaning, exercise, eating and virtually everything else that I’m frustrated with at the moment.

The problem is that while “purge” is certainly accurate and certainly what I need to do, its literally only ½ the problem AND its not all that inspiring.

I could purge everything that needs purging but would be left with only emptiness in the place of all that stuff…which in some cases is really amazingly inspiring and in some cases is so overly depressing that I want to slit my wrists or run away from home.

Alas, what is a girl to do when she wants to carry the entire household to the curb and start fresh?

And WHAT is the “one little word” for THAT!?!?!?

Obviously, my “one little word” needs some work!

Peace, ya’ll!

2 comments:

MaryC said...

Cleanse?
Restoration?
Renewal?
Rebirth?
Purify?
Renovation?
Rejuvenation?
Overhaul?
Revive?
Revitalize?

I have more but you can use the Thesaurus yourself. LOL!

Mine is Harmony this year. I have to blog about it today.

Samantha said...

I like revitalize!

Mine's really grown out of last year's goal to live a more conscious life - so for 2009, my goal is an intentional life. I'm kind of excited about it.