Sunday, September 21, 2008

Calling All Parents…

I’m on the lookout for some good references to get me from toddler-hood to around 3 or 4…

What are your best resources for parenting guidance and information? Good books? Websites? Parents? Grandparents? Classes?

I have a boy who is very high energy and very high intelligence, but emotionally a typical two-year-old. I think he could easily learn to read and do simple math over the course of the next year. But I really want to nurture his creativity and help him to build his social skills. And, of course, I’m always looking for ideas to burn off his considerable energy.

Do you have any great resources you’d care to share with me? (and my blog readers?

Let me know!

2 comments:

**** April **** said...

I will certainly send you whatever I have (and have... but will continue to do so!) :)

(love the new skin on your blog!)

Sarabeth Hudson said...

Not sure that I have any incredible wisdom here. I find that I just make it all up as I go. When I struggle I just talk about it as much as possible and hope that someone I talk to about it has an idea that works :) My oldest, although 5 now and in kindergarten, was much like yours..very smart, very energetic...and we've been through enough paper to wreck a small forest (thank goodness for recycling!), tape, crayons, watercolors and staples. He wants to make everything he is ever introduced to over again with paper (even had plans to make an engine from paper...imagine wanting to do that!). Anyways, we just encouraged whatever the interest of the week was! That and lots of playgrounds - indoor and out! Gotta wear 'em out during the day! Anyways, I guess I don't have any great references for you, though, which is what you were asking for. Good luck!