Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Permission

Give yourself some

Eat chocolate

Order a full-fat Cinnamon Dolce Latte

Do both

Make some art

Get paint and paper and crappy brushes and have a little fun

Let the kids help

Especially the wee ones

Paint their feet and have them walk all over your art

Give them the brush

Get construction paper

And scissors

And good old fashioned glue

Make a card for somebody you love

Or hate

Or don’t know but want to know

Act goofy

Walk this way

In public

Listen to White Wedding

Or Tequila

Or Who Let the Dogs Out

Or Copa Cabana

As loud as you can stand

Dance wildly

Color outside the lines

Wear all your favorite things at one time

Even if they don’t match

Mix polka-dots and stripes

Wear colors that don’t blend

Pray out loud

Rearrange the furniture

Hug everyone you know with abandon

Run, don’t walk

Because you are alive and you can

6 comments:

MaryC said...

Okay, do I have permission NOT to listen to Who Let The Dogs Out? I hate that song.

Sam said...

I was right there with you on everything...right until you got to Copa Cabana. Ugh. He just gives me the creeps. I have this theory that Clay Aiken is someday just going to assume Barry Manilow, kind of like The Dread Pirate Roberts in the Princess Bride.

Anonymous said...

I really needed to read this.

good friends husband died unexpectedly last week and everyone is really stressed.

((HUGS))

PS--the favorite photos album kit is $25.00

Karen

Suzy said...

Love your blog! Glad I got to catch up on it today. I haven't popped in for awhile. Love the variety of posts and the general joy you show in life!

Gina said...

Thank you. Just what I needed.

Anonymous said...

OK, I have been eating too much chocolate because everyday that I check this, it says 'give yourself permission to eat some chocolate' and I've been taking you up on that!

SB