Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Insanity, Mojo and the Life of a Single Parent

So…

I had my wonderful and crazy friends Berta and Deb over for scrapping day on Saturday. We had a blast…

It was an INSANE day.

The kind of insanity that can only come from three people under way too much stress getting together to talk about cats, children, Jesus, music and, of course, my mojo.

It was the kind of insanity that is fueled by far too many chocolate chip cookies, salsa and cream cheese dip, really great strawberries (in NOVEMBER, no less) and Diet Coke.

It was the kind of insanity that made Deb ask if they were actually going to be allowed to come back…

How could I refuse???? They know all my secrets now!!! 

Perhaps best of all, I think my mojo has returned out of absolute fear of leaving me all alone with Deb and Berta again….HA!

Seriously, they helped me make some decisions and I felt the warmth of my long lost mojo as it returned to my artistic soul…Did I mention it was an insane day?

As for being a single parent, my Dear Husband is off on a retreat for himself starting tomorrow. He really needs this time…however, that means that I will be a single parent for around 5 days…YIKES!

His mom has graciously agreed to be our “daycare” for the rest of the week…I say “daycare’ instead of daycare because its not really normal daycare when its your grandma you are with, you know? Jay will be pampered, loved on, snuggled, kissed, and just absolutely spoiled rotten for these three days. He will be absolutely delighted!

That said, I don’t really know how much I will be posting.

And I’m fairly certain that the insanity begun on Sunday will only continue well into the beginning of next week…

Ah…and then we begin the Holiday Season…

Yum…

Peace everyone!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Congrats on the return of the mojo! I feel for you on the temporary single parentage. But envious that your mom is close enough to step in a bit. : ) I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving!