Pages

Monday, June 05, 2006

Ordinary things...

Well, well, well…

Another weekend come and gone…

And I’m so excited about…

Ordinary things…

A new kitchen table arriving in two weeks…a new kitchen table. I’ve not had a kitchen or dining room table for 10 years…

And I’m excited about

Having a kitchen table again…

To share meals, to use for reading, to spread out the Sunday paper…

We bought paint for the babie’s room…its called “Guacamole”

How fitting for baby who’s mama LOVES Mexican food!

It’s a perfect jungle color…

And I’m so excited about…

A new coat of paint…

The smell, the fresh look it will give his tiny room, the beginning of a nursery…A NURSURY!!!

I bought several new pairs of shorts for Scott…

And I’m excited about…

Sharing my blessings.

I loved seeing him take 10 pairs into the dressing room and come out with two he liked, how happy he was to sort through a pile of new shorts to choose, how grateful he seemed to have something new to put on…

We went to a new Italian restaurant for dinner last night…

And had an AMAZING meal that was just so simple…good bread, good Ceasar salad, some ravioli…

And I’m excited about…

A simple but amazing experience…

To taste, smell and watch something new, to discover a great new place that can be “ours,” to know that there can be so much pleasure in a simple experience…

I awakened to a cool, refreshing Monday morning, with the baby wriggling around inside of me and making me smile that he was already awake and movin’ and groovin’, and I thought how amazing…

Such an ordinary thing…to awake to a cool morning…

Such an ordinary thing…to feel your child move…

Such an ordinary thing…to reflect on a weekend ordinary things shared and accomplished and completed…

Such an ordinary thing…to look forward to a new day with coffee and cereal and the traffic report…

And I have so much appreciation for the fact that my life abundant with amazing, joyful, peaceful, exciting, ordinary things…

Peace, everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey I have a blog!!

ps--post a picture of your pregnant self!!