Monday, January 30, 2006

Inspiration…

Read this today:

Have you ever in your life commanded the morning
And caused the dawn to know its place,
That it might take hold of the ends of the earth,
And the wicked by shaken out of it?

Can you lift up your voice to the clouds
So that an abundance of water will cover you?
Can you send forth lightenings that they may go
And say to you, “Here we are.”


Beautiful, isn’t it? Its such a vividly painted picture…of the dawn taking hold of the earth and shaking the wicked out of the night? Gorgeous…

Its from Job 38…

I was just stunned by the image of the dawn taking hold of the night and shaking it…and of the waters of the sky being commanded to pour out over us and of the lightening being commanded to its place….

Chris Tomlin has a song that paraphrases the words of Job:

Who has told every lightning bolt where it should go
Or seen heavenly storehouses laden with snow
Who imagined the sun and gives source to its light
Yet conceals it to bring us the coolness of night
None can fathom

Its amazing to me that I worship a God who commands the dawn and the lightening and the rain and has set into motion the mechanisms within me to breath automatically, to see, hear, taste, feel, have compassion…simple things I take for granted every day, like walking and talking and eating and sleeping…these things were imagined by my God. I was created out of His imaginings…

Isn’t that AMAZING!

The intricacies of the human anatomy are beyond our very reason…we cannot begin to understand the interdpendence created within us in the form of blood and organs and bone and skin and all the individual cells that make us up, and the individual atoms that make up our cells.

If you have any inkling of physics, you understand that atoms are mostly SPACE between revolving particles…by that definition, we are actually constructed more of empty space than particulate matter…We are universes unto ourselves if you think of it. If every atom is a solar system (and they are quite similar, if remember your Jr High science)…and every cell is a galaxy made up of various solar-system-like atoms…then we are EACH a vast universe…

Yet we are held together and and functional, breathing and feeling.

We are COHESIVE

Do you ever ask yourself WHY???

What is the life force that holds us together, being mostly space…

Scientists have broken us down to our very atoms…They can identify each component and its operation, but they cannot tell you WHY the atoms of the cells in our liver, for example, funciton differently that the atoms in the cells in our skin…or why the atoms in each of these things STAY in each of these things rather than dispersing off into the atmosphere.

Truly, truly amazing. To me there is no greater case for a Creator than our amazing bodies…And something we all take for granted in one way or another – the indescribable, inconceivable miricle of our very lives….

And our God loves us enough not only to set every atom in our body into motion, like a million tiny solar systems in a vast universe…and millions of millions of universes in the human population on this planet…but He loves us enough to want a PERSONAL relationship with us.

Whoah….I cannot begin to understand why the being who created every atom in my body would want to know me…

I cannot understand.

And just ONE glimpse at the amazing constructs of my very flesh and blood, strike me dumb with awe.

I am completely unworthy…

Peace, everyone!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Love love love what you wrote, our Creator is more awesome than we can fathom. Thanks for the "step back" this morning! I'll look at the day a little different today.

Samantha said...

ok, so I read this last night. then I read it outloud to the hubby. and I just had to come back and read it again. amazing, F. I love how He uses you to inspire.