Pages

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Thought for the day:

I give myself permission…

…to panic about the move to Charlotte.

…to find peace in God over anything I’m choosing to panic about.

…to enjoy the process of editing the junk out of my life (while packing, of course!)

…to be hurt that my peers and boss don’t see the value in keeping me as a contractor.

…to walk off my frustration.

…to enjoy some really good coffee.

…to endeavor something creative today…even if its just to open up my thoughts to myself.

…to be open and honest about everything that comes to my head or heart.

…to start a style file, even though it means another creative mess in my office.

…to go without makeup and not feel bad about my failure to be the best.

…to listen to music in my headphones so that I can concentrate.

…to neglect some things in order to feel sane.

…to have a judgement-free artistic experience.

…to buy yet another scrapbooking magazine or reference.

…to daydream about a new house.

…to find an outfit that BLENDS rather than MATCHES.

…to define my own style…and then change it if I want to.

…to look forward to Christmas even though its not even Thanksgiving yet.

…to make plans to go to school.

…to waste a few minutes here and there just to breathe.

…to continue adding to the list of things I give myself permission to do.

What do you give yourself permission to do today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not feel good, and not stress about it. Also, I've found moving across country is the best way to declutter your life.

amazing grace said...

love the point of making a "style folder"--and all about buying a new scrapbooking book---Right now I am longing for the "Designing With Paper" book---do you have that one???