Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Blog neglect and a fresh list...

I have been an excruciatingly bad blogger….I’m just so doggone busy that it falls to the bottom of the priority list. Interesting, considering this is something I do for ME…SO revealing to find it falls to the bottom of the priority list when the schedule gets a little full. So…anyway….onward and upward. Its list time!!! I cannot think of a better way to resuscitate my blog than a hearty list…

Some things that are on my mind:

  • The disaster in the Gulf. I am just horrified by the pictures! My heart goes out to those people – displaced, desperate, in need. I’m including over a million strangers in my prayers! I cannot do much from here – donate my time, blood, food, money – but that all seems rather passive. The one ACTIVE thing I can do is ACTIVELY PRAY for the recovery to take less time than they think it will, for the healing hands of rescue and aid workers to impart true comfort, for hearts and lives to heal as quickly as possible.


  • The disastrous behavior of some of those people in the Gulf. I’m equally horrified to see the imagery of looting, fighting, and mayhem. How quickly the “civil” is removed from civilization when the creature comforts we have grown so used to in our country disappear. There are places in our world where there is NEVER potable water, NEVER enough food, NEVER a decent sewage system, NEVER safety, NEVER medicines and assistance. It really makes me think about how very, very blessed I am to live in this country. It also makes me think about how I would handle myself in the same situation. How would I be? It’s easy to sit in my A/C , with my hot morning coffee, and be horrified. Would I be so self-righteous if I were IN that situation?


  • Charlotte, NC. Will we be going? What is it like? How will I do without my friends close by? What will be different? What will be the same? Is there a church there for us? Is it in my cards to move all the way across the country?


  • Pomeranian Puppies. Yes, PUPPIES!!! Jazzy is having pups and I’m starting to think about what it would be like to have a new pup in our house. How would Hunny handle a pup in our house? I think she would never forgive me! She’s MY GIRL and to bring and new dog into the house…she just might want to smother me to death! Still, have you SEEN what Pom puppies look like? SO CUTE!


  • Laundry, bathtubs and the front yard…ah, yes. Housework. As I sit here, I think about all the things I SHOULD be accomplishing at home. Of course, if I was home, knee deep in cleaning the tub, I’d be thinking about all the things I have to accomplish here at work or on my scrap table. I should learn to be content and focused WHERE I AM – not only in LIFE, but in the MOMENT.


  • Job duties – again, I need some focus. Suddenly, I’m committed to a whole lot of stuff that I didn’t know I was going to be committed to. And the commitment was NOT made by me, but by my boss. And he didn’t tell me until AFTER the other main project person baffled me with a bunch of seemingly random questions. I don’t want to travel to a plant to check it out. I don’t want to sit in another office on campus to get things done. I don’t want to be at the mercy of the project lead that is appointed to this project (Fabulous, reliable guy…, but he’s a devil for details and they are often unnecessary work done simply for his comfort!) I don’t want to get involved. That’s the problem…my sights are set on something else and I don’t want to get involved.


  • Time with friends. I’m going to spend some time with Teri this weekend, and the anticipation of it is so fun! I know we are just going to hang out, do some garage-saleing and have a good time. I wish I could whisk each of my friends for a relaxed weekend alone to spend time with them all! It points out the LACK of connection I’ve had in this busy time. I need to remind myself that CONNECTIONS and RELATIONSHIPS are the most important thing.


  • Home…WHERE is that now? I don’t know. When I think of it, I think of my parent’s house. I think of Leadville. I think of the farm my grandparents had when I was a kid. I think of the creek where I used to get wet and muddy in Kasson. I think of lots of things that give my heart comfort and peace. I MISS the places and the people I call home.


Off to check some things off my massive to-do list! PEACE everyone!

No comments: